Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Google Maps no longer works?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
I'm not sure I understand your logic...are you saying it's more logical that two separate companies decided, at the same time, to stop supporting Ford than it is for Ford to make a decision on not supporting alternatives from their competitors?

My strong assumption is that Ford decided not to support Google and GM (OnStar) because they see them as competitors. Horrible decision for Ford...a vast majority of our nation uses Google Maps for computer mapping applications. Completely ridiculous to block that functionality.
I'm not sure I'm understanding YOUR logic...

Why would Ford be "supporting" GM in the first place? That's ridiculous. I think you read the whole thing backwards. He's saying he thinks Google stopped supporting Ford and GM because now both services no longer work with Google Maps.

Why would Ford stopping supporting Google have anything to do with Google Maps and GM not working as well?

Sonic Crew #28