Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Who Traded Down?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #55
dstew74
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102213
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

Points 54, Level 1
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 dstew74 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 "Longhorn" to my 2012 Focus Ti.

So quad cab, hemi, 20's, and factory dual exhaust. My commute was 1 - 50 miles a day depending on my job at the time. Parking was a nightmare in downtown Atlanta when I needed to do so. After coming back to two new dents in the bumper in two weeks and paying to fill up a 23 gal tank I finally had enough and started looking for something more reasonable.

Was at a Ford dealership to test drive a Fusion Sport and walked past a sporty looking hatch with factory black rims. "This is a Focus?" No, Focus Titanium. Went home for a weekend test drive to find a C/D in the mail with the 2012 Focus being a top pick that month. Considered it a sign.

As long as gas stays above $3/gal I'll save about a grand for every 6000 miles I put on the Focus. I now have different employer and my daily commute totals 5 miles. So I make myself fill up every payday at less than 30 bucks.

I miss the hemi power and notes here and there, not going to lie. I was considering trading the Focus for a Challenger until I got the transmission flashed. I'm completely smitten now and waiting on steeda cai and sway bar to arrive.