Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #86
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97078
What I Drive: used to drive 2012 focus w/dct

FF Reputation: 1 fordblue Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation the grouch responds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Automatics with torque converters? Suck.

Only one brand is good, ZF. Their 8 speed is damn impressive. And damn expensive since every flagship car from every luxury brand wants It.

A DCT? A sequential box? Makes manuals look like shit. That's just the technology.

If Le Mans, Endurance, DTM, F1, Rally, and all the supercars under the sun are ditching traditional manuals for sequential boxes then I guess it's just fine for me and my hatchback.

Embrace the future.
since the auto tranny was introduced in the caddy in 1959? or there abouts there has not been much changes. If it aint broke dont fix it. So Are you implying that a c-4 is bad ,a 4aod 4aode is bad , a turbo hydro 350-400 is bad. Is a fmx bad? is a c-6 bad? Is a 904-727 bad?. no. In all fairness I got the recall done and its heaps better. Why does this remind me of when fwd first showed up? now its all you can get in a econo car. Thanks to lee iacocca.{spell check}. But I guess in a few years this will be the norm. I think the auto makers{ all of them} are going through a evolution period. just like the switch to fwd. But im a old grouch right? I like being a old grouch. forgot about the powerglide, that sucked Ill give you that one.2 speed.. btw all them motor sports venues you mentioned tear down, inspect and rebuild after every run. But ok ill embrace the future.But since its warranted by fo mo co . Let it break{not that I would want that}. Time will tell.btw the zf is used in heavy equipment. Such as terex, deere, cat, and so on.

Last edited by fordblue; 08-05-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: euclid, michigan front end loaders use zf too.