dj4monie
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5876
What I Drive: Nothing at all

FF Reputation: 0 dj4monie Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOutZX2 View Post
Hold on here are you seriously saying a converter is a waste of money? You must not know anyone who installed a high stall converter in their car, if you did they would tell you it's one of the single best mods you can do to any automatic car. I have a Edge Racing 3500 stall and it is quite amazing how much faster it gets the car going drag racing and around the street.

What is a waste of money is clutches in a transmission if you don't need them. What you really do need is a plate and fin transmission cooler and higher line pressure especially for only a 50-75 shot. I recommend an upgraded valve body.

The rest of your information about nitrous is a great read.
I would recommend a converter if he wanted to really go fast, but with just a basic nitrous kit? I'd be more concerned with keeping the bottle pressure up.

That 2nd gen Neon I mentioned later added a Coan converter and shorter (higher number) final gear ratio with a manual valve body. He later wrecked it and bought an SRT-4 like I did, so we will never know how well it would have run.

He also had plate-fin Moroso trans cooler. He doesn't have to upgrade the clutches it was just a suggestion if wants to run his car hard and have it live.

Nitrous makes so much torque you don't need a converter really. Great if you wanna spent the money, but he'll get more out of a set of sticky tires.

Thanks for the compliment I've been a NX dealer for, ummm ten years...

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Stage 3R GONE! :(

Next? Unsure.....