Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #85
collisionbend
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100528
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE 5-Door, 203A

FF Reputation: 1 collisionbend Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Jaclyn,

My contacts are handled by my Mac's Address Book and synced with the phone through iTunes. SYNC then picks up what's in my iPhone's Contact List. It doesn't matter if I create the list through Address Book or on the phone itself - SYNC still imports the whole enchilada, and it will still try to call contacts that don't have a phone number. The other thing: my wife, for example, is listed with several numbers: "home" - her cell; "work" - her direct line at work; "mobile" - her work cell phone; "work2" - her office main desk line; and "work3" - her office's toll-free number. When I say, "call Laura," it asks, "on cell, at work, or other?" To SYNC, "other" is her normal cell phone, "work" is the direct line (the only one it gets right), and "cell" is her work cell, which I never use. (We have no land line.) Why is it that SYNC won't use my phone's terms - which I already know? Why does it have to redefine my contacts so that I have no idea what number it's going to call? It's all this extra information I have to keep rattling around this old brain. *This* is why I want a favorites list and not the entire thing...

Last edited by collisionbend; 08-03-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Added a salutation.