Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Steeda Lowering Springs
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #110
SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96136
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastoriusk2 View Post
Finally finished installing the springs and swaybar and took it for a ride in the mountains. In short, they're freaking awesome! They made a significant improvement in the handling of the car. There's a whole lot more grip, greatly reduced nose-diving under braking, and cornering was much flatter and glued to the road. I also felt that power was delivered more effectively since the weight of the car isn't bouncing around so much. Overall, it's one of the best things you can do, and the drop looks superb! I was too excited to start working to get a before pic, but heres an after pic with a not so good camera:

I did take before and after measurements though. I measured from the top center of the blue Ford cap to the body.
Before | After | Drop
Driver Front : 13 1/8" | 12 11/16" | 7/16"
Pass. Front : 13 5/16"| 12 13/16 | 1/2" (8/16")
Driver Rear : 12 7/8" | 12 1/2" | 3/8" (6/16")
Pass. Rear : 12 7/8" | 12 1/2" | 3/8" (6/16")

The drop isn't quite what they advertise, but I have an SE with the sport package so they might be comparing it to different stock springs. Either way, I'm extremely happy with the greatly improved handling and the way it looks! Thanks to Steeda for making great stuff and thanks to Brandon for getting me the goods!
Sweet! Thanks again and just let me know if I can help you with anything else!

Regarding the drop, it's an approximate number. Due to mass manufacturing, every vehicle is going to be slightly different from the vehicle and as such the drop will vary on each vehicle.