Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Lemon Law
Thread: Lemon Law
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
I'm not sure you understand how the Lemon Law works...it's basically only for when you buy a car that doesn't operate. No matter what problems you have with the car, unless it's caused near-death experiences and fails to start on a regular basis (and the dealer *refuses* to attempt to fix it), you don't have a case.

Just letting you know...since the dealership is still attempting to help you, you can't "lemon law" the car. Not how it works. I hate to say it...but these are the things a warranty is for. There's bound to be a car or two out of every few thousand that doesn't operate up to the bar the rest do. You got unlucky, but at least Ford is continuing to try and help.
This is absurdly wrong. You don't know how they work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
He's right, but if you keep pushing the issue (and get a lawyer involved) ford will most likely buy the car back and give you a huge discount on the purchase of another vehicle just to shut you up and get you to go away. That what they did for me when I had a 2000 focus that was in the shop for all kinds of electrical gremlins that they could never figure out.

Issues #9 and 10 are happening on mine also, but they did not occur until I upgraded to version 3.02 of the MFT software
No he isn't. At all. A vast majority (if not all) states have in their lemon laws that if it is under repair for 30 days (cumulative) within the first year (a lot of them don't specify a date, it's just that after a certain mileage your car ends up being worth nothing according to the law so you're wasting your time filing) it is classified as a lemon.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.