Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The TICK build thread
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #28
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

Points 8,123, Level 60
Points: 8,123, Level: 60 Points: 8,123, Level: 60 Points: 8,123, Level: 60
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
It would be great if I was... or even back home in MI i have friends that are good welders... out here I dont know any one... I have one of those wife's-cousins-aunt's-step-son who teaches welding on a college and high school level but feel weird saying "Hey can you weld a bunch of stuff for me even though I only see you on Thanksgiving and 4th of July...

There is a weld shop that's recommended by the shop that has done all my machine work I am just debating if I should put the O2 bung for my wideband on the SVT header right by the flange or install it on the C-F-M street SVT CAT. I think I am leaning towards the later.

I need to find a fitting still that I can weld into the header for the EGR... The other end of the EGR (i have 3 EGR "tubes" only 1 complete tube) and cut off the threaded section that goes into the EGR valve and its the perfect fit except the threaded shaft is not long enough to bottom out to the tube and make the needed seal.

Does any one know what kind of fitting is needed or thread size? I was going to go to Home Depot / Lowe's to find out if there is anything I can figure out size and such and then find a stainless steel one online. Any one who has this info would be great!!!

After I get the EGR adapter for the header it will be off to get welded and then black ceramic coating at a local company.

C-F-M still says "OUT OF STOCK ETA 07/31/12" for the oil pump... its 8/2/12... any word?

Also what is the best way to clean the oil valleys? With painting the block there was a little that got into the threads which I very carefully cleaned out attempting to make sure that none went into the block. I used compress air to blow the crap out of the passages but worried there is still small gunk. Do I need to care about this as its soft enamel and any small bits is negligible? I was thinking of a rifle / gun cleaning type kit which will allow for me to scrub the whole length of the passages. Are there kits like this specific for motor blocks?

Thanks for answers to all my questions and taking the time to read them!
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)