DarkSpork
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81461
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 1 DarkSpork Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
I don't think North Dakota is in the market range where they could mark them up but in Cali or larger cities i could see it happening. I placed $500 down on my '99 Type R 6 months in advance (price was just over $25k) and when I when it was delivered they tried to stick $2500 on top of my purchase price but after a bunch of intense words I did get it out the door for sticker but $5000 seemed to be a common markup for cars that weren't pre ordered.
You're mistaken. Price gouging happens often here because of the oil fields. Also, travel for a better price if you want one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang0 View Post
Us regular folk are not eligible for X plan so that doesn't work. Somewhere somebody posted dealers with Vin numbers, base model cars and I thought they were tring to sell those for around 28K so there is some mark up for ya.
There's many ways to qualify for X-plan pricing. Here's one everybody can qualify for: shareholders who have held 100 shares for 6+ months qualify for 1 x-plan pin/year. Ford shares are hovering at about $9/share. X-plan takes $1800 off msrp for a ST with ST3 package and no other options. That's a $900 savings and if you sit on the stocks long enough they're likely to eventually go up in value (although they're going down right now due to recalls, weak European market and a decrease in US sales). But anyhow, yes you regular folk are eligible for x-plan pricing.