Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #84
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
You're welcome, oritpro, I'm glad to hear you're able to text once again! Sharing your thoughts at http://Social.Ford.com/ is a great idea! Be sure to post your idea here so other Focus Fanatics can comment and vote.
Jaclyn
Someone already posted the idea a couple of days ago so I went ahead and thumbed it up and left a comment. I recommend others do the same.

I'd like to share an observation since doing the master reset on my vehicle. I've had trouble using SD cards since purchasing the car new and thus the reason for the reset. I am still having problems with it, but have figured out a work-around.

If the SD card is inserted while MFT is off then it never stops indexing while MFT is on. The work-around is to switch MFT to any source other than the SD card, pop the card out for a few seconds, then pop it back in. Indexing will start again and complete (for me) in a couple minutes then all is well again.

Note that I have the exact same music on the SD card as I do a thumb drive and the thumb drive doesn't exhibit this behavior. Both are 8GB capacity and I only use one at a time. They aren't both plugged in at the same time since they each contain the same music.

This sounds like a driver issue to me, but then I make my living as a driver validation engineer.