Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #83
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,140, Level 27
Points: 2,140, Level: 27 Points: 2,140, Level: 27 Points: 2,140, Level: 27
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by collisionbend View Post
Thanks, Jaclyn. I had heard somewhere that if I wanted only *some* of my contacts transferred to SYNC to create a favorites list on my iPhone and it would upload only that. I guess that was incorrect information. Limiting my contacts is going to be a royal PITA.

The problem is that when I try to call someone, and I don't use their full name, SYNC thinks I want someone else - and frequently it's a contact for whom I only have an email address or a website. How is SYNC going to call that contact? It's comical.

My SYNC, according to syncmyride.com, is up-to-date, latest version of the software. But when I tried to update it, it never gave me the second "installation complete" message - after sitting idling in the driveway for well over an hour! I pulled the USB stick and came back to my computer - and it recorded a "successful" update - I have no idea why. That's why I am going to have the dealer redo it with my first oil change.

The other issue I suspect things are screwy is because I use a Mac. It's not Ford's fault - it's Microsoft's for repeatedly and deliberately being difficult with Apple products.
To clarify, did you just create a favorites list within your phone or are you syncing contacts from another source, such as Outlook or Gmail?

To determine if the update was successfully installed, there should now be gears next to your home icon on the main screen. Is that what you see?

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford