Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - anyone using premium gas ?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #430
Napalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83922
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatch

Points 82, Level 1
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Napalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1 View Post
In some ways I hope my beloved ethanol goes away. Then when BIG OIL is back in total monopolistic control they can crucify you like they have done in the past with high prices and maybe an embargo like I experienced in 1973. It's pretty much like the drug dealer and the addict. I really hope you get to experience 10 gallon limits on even/odd days someday.
LOL. nice opinion. so questions first.

1) why did you not buy a prius?
2) why did you not buy an all electric car?
3) what did you drive before?
4) cessna1 huh. cause private planes are the pinnacle of fuel frugal transportation. do you own one, fly one, wrench on one. and which one. (serious questions - I R aviation engineer)

To that end.

yeah you think fuel companies aren't raking in the marketing BS that is ethanol fuel. They sell you less gasoline, charge you as much for it, and you are buying it up like its sliced bread and the year is 1843.

So what exactly is happening here. Ethanol production uses more energy than it produces when burned. but hey that doesn't matter does it.

Just like Hydrogen fuel cells. works great on space equipement because of safety concerns and weight. But where does pure hydrogen come from.

Serous question? the most abundant element in the universe, rarely occurs in nature ON PLANET EARTH - alone. IE its always attached to something - like Oxygen- thus again net loss of energy production.

Meanwhile - the ideal fuel is either Low Sulphur Diesel, or Jet A-1. Most energy per gram, least amount of necessary refining. Works great in turbine engines. Which by the way is the most efficient power, per lb engine design around. And if you have to I perfer the development of BioDiesel. derived from Soy bean, corn and other farm waste and processed by enzymes. Not from the actual food source - the waste from the food source.

So in the ideal world - you need a gas turbine turning an electrical generator (because both items work best when running on a certain RPM) and run it on biodiesel, and carry battery but a small one and use 4 electric motors to drive and brake the wheels.

but then every sedan would need to cost around 120K per.

Sorry I'm in a ranty mood this week.

My other car is a 4 door family car.