Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Who Traded Down?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
Pottski
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100292
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 Pottski Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Who Traded Down?

So, I'm just curious to know how many people came to the new focus from bigger, more powerful, or more expensive cars. As great as it is that people may be coming from a foreign car to the focus—I think it is less likely to see someone come from something "higher-end"—and therefore, shows just how much appeal the new focus has. If you did make that kind of switch, what pushed you over the edge?

I got rid of my fully loaded 2010 Dodge Charger R/T w/ the Road and Track package, which was good for 372 HP and 400 TQ. It was pretty much my dream car two years ago when I got it and it was an amazing machine. However, I put almost 40,000 miles on it in two years and it already needed new tires (on 20" wheels). I was spending close to $300 a month for gas as well. Real kicker for me, though, was the fact that my wife was driving an 8 year old Jeep Liberty and started showing interest in something new. We have started a family and she was wanting something bigger than a compact SUV/crossover. I knew we couldn't afford payments on both the Charger and a new Explorer (which I new she wanted), so I started looking for a smaller car that I thought I could tolerate. I looked into all the domestic and foreign options, but I kept coming back to the Focus. It was just the right car for me. So now I have been driving my SE w/ sport package and MTX for about a month and I couldn't be happier. I haven't really missed the charger at all, and my wife absolutely loves the new Explorer.

I'd love to hear if anyone else has similar stories.