Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus 5-Door Autocross Review
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
Techpriest
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96632
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

Points 107, Level 2
Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Techpriest Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Glad to hear you enjoyed your runs as much as I did.

I ended up getting Falken Azenis on 17" wheels from Discount Tire. They greatly improved the cornering. After some playing I ended up with 38lbs in the front and 45lbs in the back. It gave me good grip with the fronts and some slide with the back.

We had a VERY tight turn at the start of an event and I had some fun doing an e-brake turn. At low speeds I can crank the wheel and pull the brake and just about pivot on the inside back tire. I also tried at higher speeds but that just caused some exciting slides but not so much control.

Last event I PAXed 9th out of 42. That is with the stock non-sport suspension. The announcer was bragging on my times and I mentioned that at 39mpg I bet I also got the best MPG on the way there.

I will be taking home STF trophies from two regions this year. Not lots of competition but so far am undefeated in my class.

Now that I have about 10 events at the wheel of my Focus I am just as happy as when I started. I know I made the right choice when I took my Ford home.