View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
ConeKiller
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95414
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 ConeKiller Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Autox'd my 2012 SE Sport last saturday on stock 16's and all seasons....I was absolutely AMAZED at the handling of the focus in stock form. I ended up beating most BMWs, all the mustangs and finished with a very good time. I used to autox a setup Trans Am with 425 hp at the wheels, so I was expecting to do much worse than I did. I was impressed with the torque vectoring and the ability to take tight sweeps much tighter than most and still carry speed out of it. The track was a medium speed track but I was happy that 2nd gear didn't bog down as much as I thought it would. There was only one turn I was low in RPMs, however if I had taken a better line I could've carried more speed keeping it in the power band. I plan on getting some 15x7's running some Toyo Rcomps with a big rear sway bar and that should really make the car compete well. Maybe some struts and springs after that but the car really doesn't need that much more to it. I would LOVE to autos a new ST though! Very satisfied with my runs in a low hp car!!