Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - anyone using premium gas ?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #427
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1 View Post
I don't know if you realize this, but the only so called subsidy the ethanol industry gets since last January 1st is the Renewable Fuel Standard that requires BIG OIL to blend a certain amount of ethanol into the gasoline supply in this country cutting into their demand. One plant I'm in is exporting to Europe most of it's production since fuel in high there and it is still profitable with no subsidy what so ever. By the way, I like tuna and hope it isn't coming from near Japan. Just think of the nuclear waste that nobody is talking about much.
Exporting Ethanol to Europe? Did NOT know that ...interesting. Makes sense now that I think about it, since that pay about $7/gallon if I recall correctly.

The Japan nuc plants that melted were old and due to be taken offline the year the Tsunami hit. Many US plants are getting scary-old too. We have not built a new one here since the emotional hysterics of 3 Mile Island in the 70s. With today's technology, we should be able to build good ones although they would be hugely expensive, especially if the Feds OVER regulate like they do everything else.