Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - anyone using premium gas ?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #426
cessna1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97921
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 cessna1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
You think we are BIG OIL lovers. FAR from the truth. I just want a sane, sensible alternative. For instance electric cars fueled by nuclear plant generated electricity. Just because big oil is evil doesn't not mean I want a BAD alternative subsidized by my tax dollars ..helping to bankrupt the USA.

Ethanol cannot be produced for any lower cost than the current gouge prices for gasoline and it's not even really that 'green' as someone already pointed out.

Note: I have nothing personal again ethanol producers. If they can make a go of it in the free market, all the power to them. My father in law is a corn grower so I have no joy in seeing farmers hurt. But we just cant afford to prop up industries that don't make sense.
I don't know if you realize this, but the only so called subsidy the ethanol industry gets since last January 1st is the Renewable Fuel Standard that requires BIG OIL to blend a certain amount of ethanol into the gasoline supply in this country cutting into their demand. One plant I'm in is exporting to Europe most of it's production since fuel in high there and it is still profitable with no subsidy what so ever. By the way, I like tuna and hope it isn't coming from near Japan. Just think of the nuclear waste that nobody is talking about much.