Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - anyone using premium gas ?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #425
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by riparke View Post
"Then when BIG OIL is back in total monopolistic control they can crucify you like they have done in the past"

Give me a break they have always been in control, why do you think you are paying today's prices at the pump? Ethanol is just another farm subsidie.
You think we are BIG OIL lovers. FAR from the truth. I just want a sane, sensible alternative. For instance electric cars fueled by nuclear plant generated electricity. Just because big oil is evil doesn't not mean I want a BAD alternative subsidized by my tax dollars ..helping to bankrupt the USA.

Ethanol cannot be produced for any lower cost than the current gouge prices for gasoline and it's not even really that 'green' as someone already pointed out.

Note: I have nothing personal again ethanol producers. If they can make a go of it in the free market, all the power to them. My father in law is a corn grower so I have no joy in seeing farmers hurt. But we just cant afford to prop up industries that don't make sense.