Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - anyone using premium gas ?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #419
cessna1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97921
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 cessna1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHolden View Post
I caught part of a news story on the radio the other day regarding the farmers/ranchers trying to get the ethanol mandate repealed due the fact that the corn crop has been wiped out this year...and they are afraid they won't be able to feed their livestock due to higher corn prices.
Anybody else hear something about this?
Depends on what group of farmers you talk to. I'm a farmer and I don't want it changed and was talking to my neighbor that feeds a lot of cattle and pigs just yesterday. He doesn't want it changed because he feeds a lot of the by-products that come from the local ethanol plants. The guys you hear wanting change are the Texas and other places that aren't close to the ethanol plants. They want it like it used to be---the gov't subsidized us corn farmers to grow dirt cheap corn and then it got railed or trucked to the far away feedlots. BIG FOOD wants it like it used to be also---- 5 pennies worth of corn in a box of cereal instead of the dime's worth now. Tyson and the food mfg's are some of the greediest entities on the face of the planet.