Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #1229
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
...Also, Ford is listening to this forum. The Customer Service rep, Thomas, has helped me by putting me in touch with a regional manager. I thank him for that. Any information, complaint or dissatisfaction should be sent to Ford. It can only help.
Thanks for this compliment, JimsFocus! I wish you well in your new ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat67 View Post
Thomas thankyou for the welcome. The break-in does not explain the wifes car with no transmission issues at all...
It's my pleasure! Please send me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll loop in your area's Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
...The ONLY issue I have now is that I have to take mine to the body shop with only 5100 miles! I got rear ended yesterday. The brakes are AWESOME! Unfortunately hers weren't!
Sorry to hear about this; is everyone doing well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefocus View Post
...My 5 door titanium has the automatic tranny and I have zero issues outside of some annoying MFT quirks...
Have you been in contact with our In-Vehicle Technology team about your MFT issues? If not, please PM our rep (Jaclyn) for assistance: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=87765.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehatch View Post
...you clearly aren't the only one. Give it some time for the computer to recognize your driving habits and hopefully it will be reasonable. I have a SEL with dual- clutch automatic so I understand exactly what you mean.
Great advice; how's your ride running so far? Feel free to grab a badge and show off your Focus love in cyberspace: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldguard View Post
Again, owning both 2012 Focus and 2012 Fiesta, none of Powershift problems in Focus are in my Fiesta. Fiesta does it right all the time.
I know you've been working with your CSM. Has the transmission in your Focus improved at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
...After several, many trips I finally got to the 2k mark and still had the "grinding". Shifting was a little better, but not well. I took it to my dealer 7/23, Monday. That afternoon they called and said they heard the "grinding" and there was a problem. Tuesday 7/24-no contact from them. Wednesday 7/25 they called and said they were going to replace the clutches. Thursday, 7/26, no contact. Friday 7/27, they called said parts are not in, car will be ready next week. Monday 7/30, no contact.
Just how long does a person have to leave their car?...I can not explain how upset I am with the whole thing. But I am not going to stop, even if my car is perfect when I get it back. This is crap, I will pursue legal action, and everyone else on here should also.
Have you talked with your region's CSM about this? If not, please send me your case number (or VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info); I'll forward these details immediately.

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply