Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #885
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
Well, I know when this first happened it took a month or so before the noise started, but so far so good! I went over a few speed bumps today and it is as quiet as a whisper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolk84 View Post
Just picked mine up. Noise is gone!
Can you guys hear a pin drop? Here's to quiet times in your rides (sort of): Save money on future and routine service here: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksarnstrom View Post
Mine goes in tomorrow morning after showing Hastings Ford the TSB. Hopefully they agree with the findings and start replacing some parts. Been clunking since about 3,000 miles and now up to about 5,000 miles. This is the first time it is being seen for the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
They're ordering parts for my car. So I'll be able to take it up in a few days time to get a fix. Keep everyone in the loop with my situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptcv1 View Post
...just dropped mine off at dealer for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
Mine is in as we speak to be 'assessed'. My noise is pretty much constant. The service advisor got in with me and we drove about 6 feet before he heard it. We drove around the building and it did it over every single imperfection in the road at walking speed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
Pulled in, waited a few minutes... One of the head advisors came out, went for a spin (around the parking lot), he heard the noise... Paperwork written and car is now in the back. Only thing that sucks is they need to car all day :(...

They were pleasantly surprised I already had the TSB number LOL
Hey everyone -

All of your vehicles are either at the dealer or will be going in soon. Please let us all know how it turns out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
And no... I did not forward or PM my info to anyone...
You know how to reach me if you need to get in touch (PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info). I'll cook something to tide me over; hope you have good news soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Lunchbox delete!??!? Ok .. I know I am off topic .. but what the heck is a "lunchbox delete!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Lunchbox is the term for the last muffler before the tip...
Whoa, I've never heard of this option! Are you telling me I could've deleted my Mighty Morphin Power Rangers muffler? LOL *I'm just thinking about different lunchbox themes on a Focus*

Take care,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford