Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Stealth CAI--What to expect and what NOT to do.
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #75
CRASH7772
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101539
What I Drive: 2007 Red ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 CRASH7772 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer13 View Post
Just did this today, so far so good! I did the 90* elbow method due to the auto trans and it fit really nicely. Also slitting the 3" couple over the MAF tube was a breeze, far easier than it was to put the 3" filter in the 3" 90* tube I have a spectre on there for now but will be putting a K&N on when i can afford it. Noise is very minimal with the excpetion on a sucking sound at idle and a nice growl at WOT (Not ricey at all). Regualr driving doesnt seem any louder than before. Thanks for the write up!

cant figure out how to post pics, but heres a link with some photos from the install http://s1052.photobucket.com/albums/s453/racer-13/
Mine is very noticeable at idle (actually thought something was wrong), guess it shows how air hungry these little engines are. The Spectre flows just as good as the K&N it's just made overseas. I went with the K&N RC-9160 ($34 shipped on Ebay) which is slightly larger than 3" opening.