Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #200
cyndyfurby
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101916
What I Drive: 2012, red, focus se

FF Reputation: 1 cyndyfurby Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I bought my Ford Focus in March 2012 and at 2000 mi. my steering would go out with a "Power Assist Fault" on the computer...After 2 failed attempts to fix it they kept it over 30 days waiting on part....The dealership allowed me to do a even exchange on another new identical Focus...I received this car on July 25, 2012 with 200 miles on it...The next day when driving on the expressway I too noticed the drifting of the car to the right or left...It's very hard to keep it straight...Even on a straight road and I'm not moving the wheel the car drifts...I had 3 other people drive it to make sure I wasn't paranoid...Even the salesman drove it and made excuses....The car has 400 miles on it...I am taking it tomorrow for a test drive with the Service manager to see what he thinks....2 new Focus's this year and both have steering problems...Makes me scared to drive the car...And there is a Service Bulletin on this issue with the NHTSA.