Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 04 SVT sub woofer replacement
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #30
svtguy88
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13476
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

Points 8,547, Level 62
Points: 8,547, Level: 62 Points: 8,547, Level: 62 Points: 8,547, Level: 62
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 17 svtguy88 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I don't know the mounting depth of the stock box, but if this will fit, it would work nicely. Mounting depth is 3 5/8''.

Dual 8 ohm voice coils mean a 4 ohm load on the amp, which is what you need if the stock sub is 4 ohms. I doubt the stock amp would be stable at 2 ohms, and it wouldn't make any power at 8 ohms, so four is what to shoot for, assuming that is what was stock.

This would work too, but it's mounting depth is a little deeper, but it also handles more power -- although if you are staying with the stock amp, you probably don't really need to worry at all.

They also make a low profile sub, but it's more money, and wouldn't really work with a stock amp, as it will end up with either a 2 or 8 ohm load, depending on how you wire it (it's a dual 4 ohm sub).

It probably sounds like I'm a Dayton Audio rep or something, but I'm not. I've just had good experiences with their products. Partsexpress offers other brands too, but for the money, I think the Dayton stuff would work nicely.