Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Installed my FSWERKS intake
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #54
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
The "Learning ECU" has been out sense 1999 that doesnt mean it will make wide open fuel adjustments , the WOT fueling up to 2012 has been a set fuel map for open loop

The 2012 can to a point see and make SMALL fuel adjustments to the WOT fueling from the imformation from the o2 sensor , if this works so well why am I seeing 2012 Foci running in the lean side , these are part of the Fuel corrections not the "learning" part of the ECU , and this WOT target is borderline lean its ment for the ALL STOCK engine not A/F ment an engine moving more air and building for performance , Keep in mind ford does the ECU tuning for STOCK not performance

There are things that are going to need to be turned off in the ECU and a lot of things changed as you mod the Focus , simple air fuel gauge instlled or on a dyno will tell you if your safe with the A/F , then there is still the timing which is aggressive for this compression and 91 fuel

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus