Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #192
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,237, Level 35
Points: 3,237, Level: 35 Points: 3,237, Level: 35 Points: 3,237, Level: 35
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
...One steerin column and 5 alignments later, my stuff is still not actin right
I just saw this post. How's your Focus doing now? If you haven't talked to your region's Customer Service Manager about it, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruced View Post
My 2012 Focus SE Hatchback with the sport appearance package has the "ZIG-ZAG" steering issue. It is quite severe. I have a large motor home that I would rather drive in a cross wind than this Focus at 60-65 mph. My dealer has diagnosed the problem and has a new steering gear on order - which has been on back order for over a month. Ford has even agreed to give me a loaner until the parts are available.

Natasha, this needs to be fixed ASAP. I bought this car for good fuel ecomony and a sporty feel. I can provide more information if needed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtress View Post
We have a 2012 Ford Focus that has the same problem. We took it to the dealership who told us nothing was wrong with it. Several people have driven it and had the same problem...Why doesn't Ford let people know especially when they bring it to dealership specifically for that problem?

Ford's Friendly customer service rep....can I contact you to get this handled?
I'd like to forward these details to the Customer Service Manager in charge of your regions; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information. He/she will then coordinate with you and your dealers on any repairs, if necessary.

By the way, I'm taking over this forum as the new Ford rep; it's nice to type to you all. I love the big and bold font, redtress! Next time, please use my real name. LOL

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply