Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #1208
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
I've driven stick shifts for 45 years and never heard one grind like my Focus.

As recommended by my regional manager, I stopped by my Ford dealership. I explained what the engineers said. The sevice manager said he was sympathetic because he knows I have a problem. He has another 2012 Focus with the same noisey trans. The manager said, to be honest, Ford does not know how to fix this problem. They know it's a problem, many cars have it, but they will not admit that they don't have a fix.

Until I figure out another option, I will be bringing my car in for service every Tuesday. I need documentation.
I am not able to sit in your vehicle so I can not truly appreciate what you are experiencing with your transmission. That video is not really convincing there is a problem. Other than that, if a Ford service manager or area rep. told me what they told you I would seek legal representation. If it is determined that what you claim is a valid complaint Ford would be required to compensate you for your vehicle and any associated fees. Continuing to return to Ford on a weekly basis is not the way to go.