Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How To : Remove Fog Bezels the Easy Way
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #31
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Here's some tips I'll add after changing to the Ti bezels (thanks greg_hazlett!).

Only two out of the four clips are really essential for retaining and removing the bezels. The inner clip (one closest to the grill) and the bottom clip. You'll notice they have the larger retaining "ridges," while the other two have very small ones.

Of course, the only two clips you can see after removing the headlights are the ones with the small retainers. I found it easier to release the two larger retainers from the front by using two prying tools (one for each retainer) and carefully prying around until the bezels popped loose.

I fortunately have plastic pry tools and so I did not need a screwdriver. However, I still wrapped the tips in a soft, thin cloth to avoid as much damage as possible. I'd recommend that for anything you choose to use for prying.

I don't know how some of you managed with a credit card, but you're lucky. Mine would not budge unless I really got in there.