Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - The duratec long tube headers fit!!! (no check engine light)
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #182
2012Tuxedo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95249
What I Drive: 2012 Black sedan

FF Reputation: 1 2012Tuxedo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RED_ View Post
You and I both. I lived my old car once a good tune was put in it, was night and day difference in drive ability. Only got like 5-8 peak HP more but the under the curve increase was awesome.
Tuning to me enhances the mods, Mods without tuning is like a cake with no icing. Naturally you dont see as large of an improvement as you would with an auto, but the throttle response to me is much better. MY mustang required a tune with some os the CIAs that were on the market. I think it makes for a more crisp responsive feel, and it makes you get the most out of your mods.

I plan to do a lot to the little sedan, but i am going to wait until I can tune it. Right now i am exploring the options and really coming across some stuff i like. Im not speding money unless I can get what I want. Its exiciting to me to see what coming out for these cars, I am definitely adding a header, but I WILL hace a catalytic converter, probably a bullet style free flow cat, just to stay legal with it.

May not be the place to post this but since im here this is what I have come up with:

FSwerk header
Dynomax or Magnaflow bullet cat
2.5" pipe
Flowmaster 80 series camero muffler 2 outs
dual 4"x12" gloss black tips

Some people find the big tips repulsive, its what I like so its what I putting.