Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Klutch noise Focus 2012 standard
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klotche View Post
This noise comes from the front for me ... it really looks like a metal part is moving somewhere (maybe the engine mount like said up there)
but I really believe it's a kluth or gear problem ..
help please
If your car drives normally and all you hear is a clunk when you release the clutch pedal, it's most likely your rear motor mount (or RMM as you may have seen it written around here). You have a few alternatives, you can either get Ford's replacement, or if you want a more stiff mount (you'll have some vibrations with it, but no more clunking for sure) you can always buy a solid RMM for a Mazdaspeed 3, or the stock Mazdaspeed 3 mount will be more sturdy than the stock Focus mount as well.

Just a few options for you to consider. If you're still having the problem and haven't had it looked at yet... GO GET IT LOOKED AT, it's a new car with a WARRANTY so use it!!!
Sonic Crew #28