Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Rear view mirror droops, anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #37
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
Same here, mirror drops slowly and I have to adjust it every 4 or 5 days. Not a big thing by itself, but when you add it to all the minor and medium issues I have, it's annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
I have the same issue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolto View Post
...It happens in my focus too, and I've never had it happen in any other car that I've owned. It's not the end of the world, but I hope that it doesn't get worse from the constant readjustments. If it does, Ford better have a fix for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttincali View Post
Mine does too, didn't really notice it until I read this post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
Me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
I also suffer from DMS. Droopy Mirror Syndrome...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theos2 View Post
ditto on the mirror. auto dim as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Likewise. Like feta I initially thought I was sitting differently as well sometimes (or changing in height over the course of the day or week) and just wrote it off to that. With this thread already showing three pages of agreement good to know it is not just me but (but bad to know it is happening)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfack View Post
Count me in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Yup, been doing it since I got the car. My dealer successfully submitted it to Ford for warranty approval. According to them, there are no adjustments that can be made on the mirror. Only solution was a brand-new one that, hopefully, isn't from the same bad batch. I just need to schedule an appointment to get a new one installed...
Hey everyone -

If your Focus is suffering from DMS (thanks for the acronym, Rememo) and you plan to visit your dealers soon, please PM me your VIN, mileage phone number, and dealer information; I'll have your Customer Service Managers look into it as soon as possible. TiPilot, let me know when you plan to take it in; I'll document this feedback on record for the time being.

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford