Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Rear view mirror droops, anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #36
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakspirit View Post
My rear view mirror droops...Every morning when I get in my car, I have to adjust the mirror upwards a bit because it slooooowly droops overnight. I took it to the dealer today and they treated me like I was an idiot. All they did was take a picture of the mirror (which looks just like a completely regular mirror...) and said they'd call me. I don't expect to ever get that call...
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Mine does too! I always thought it was just the way I was sitting being different, but no it definitely does this. Happens slowly so that I have to adjust it once every couple days...It's the auto-dimming mirror right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Markham View Post
Wow!! I'm glad someone said this, I thought I was going crazy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerschro View Post
My car does it too. Auto dimming mirror. My other car with regular mirror doesn't. So it seems to be an issue with the weight of the mirror I'd guess. Still, I just adjust it up and don't worry over it. Too lazy to get it looked at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
Definitely happens to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG_Zeal View Post
My car does it too, same mirror and everything. I attribute it to the heavy bass pumping out of my speakers though. It happens in every car I drive.

Seriously out of everything that could be imperfect in a new car, a droopy mirror is nothing to worry about. Why nitpick on such a nice car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
It's mostly heat that causes it. During the summer it happens every day. During the winter it doesn't really happen at all (usually).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RedHotHatch View Post
Every four or five days, I have to readjust my mirror up. Now that I know others have the same issue, I will have the dealer look at when I need to have the oil changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
Add me to the list!

I first made note of this a few weeks ago after returning from a 2 week business trip. I got back to my car that was parked in long term parking at the air port and thought someone must have been in my car but I couldn't figure how...
Hey everyone -

If you plan on visiting your dealers about this droopy mirror syndrome, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information (if you haven't already). I'm able to send these details to the Customer Service Manager for your regions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
just chiming in to say I have the same issue with my auto dimming mirror. Every few days I have to tilt it back up. Yes it is an annoying issue...but I can live with it.
Since you plan on visiting your dealer in early August, I'll be sure to document this issue too.

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford