Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Third gen bordumb chat
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #348
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
I picked up a new factory Lancair for one of my students in Bend in 2001. We were shown how the composites were laid, gelcoated, painted, etc. I could see how the new "polished 195" look could be obtained with an exposed gelcoated CF weave, just like a ricer hood. With the advancements in colored composites, you could easily add some color w/o weight, but at great expense. Wonder if you could get an STC to vinyl wrap the bird in that mirrored film like that BMW that's floating around the web right now?
I went and interviewed with Lancair back on '06. Didn't they file bankruptcy in '07/8? Really nice facility and awesome flying sports cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meattooth View Post
Well they also mentioned painting them metallic silver to mimic the look of polished aluminum. I don't see American getting rid of the whole look since it such a brand specific. I just hope they don't do white. It will be interesting to see what kind of retooling we'll have to do to deal with all the composites. Then again I maybe looking for another job in the next few months.....we have 6,000 A&P mechanics just in Tulsa and they are talking about cutting half of them, and outsourcing to China or south America.
I don't know your overall situation, but we're looking for sheetmetal mechanics (like everone else) and pay is pretty decent because it's a government contract...and stable...

And working on OH-58D's is quite easy work...
2014 FiST-