View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #1969
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OK, so MFT/Nav has decided to go back to doing its little thing where it decides I am in Michigan every morning instead of my driveway in upstate NY. Happened about a month after the update for a few days and then seemed to stop. I don't remember if I did a reset or it just fixed itself.

Anyhow, it is back to it I guess. I have been in Michigan every morning this week when I fired the car up. I ran the delayed reboot yesterday but it didn't seem to help as I was in Michigan again this morning.

Now here is the weird part. I never really paid attention before other than the first time this happened I zoomed out on the map just to figure out about where I was (and was surprised to find myself in another state). Today I happened to note some of the locations on the map and saw things like "Mercury Dr." and "Ford Woods Park". The words Mercury and Ford on the map? Google mapped and checked when I got into work and it turns out that this thing is placing me right in the heart of Ford-central each morning. Next time I am going to take a picture of the map and see if I can pinpoint exactly where it is putting me, at which facility exactly. Some Ford default location? Where my car was built? Where testing on MFT was done? Don't know but I have to figure it out.