Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Engine Cover
Thread: Engine Cover
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #12
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
In Post #6 it appears that the posts aren't properly installed and there is a post missing. Here's my set up, three white posts and one black post. Look to the right of the dip stick, that's where the black post should be installed, between the two coil wires. You also may have to adjust the posts (not screwed down all the way) so the cover sits level. The engine cover on mine sits level and firmly in place.

The kit is only shipping with three posts now. Where you have your black post those of us with three posts have a nut. It makes no sense IMO to have the black post there sticking up through that hole in the engine cover.

I'll have to look at how I did mine - it took me a couple of minutes to figure out the ideal placement, but the cover didn't end up lopsided or anything. I'll try to look at it this afternoon and report back, and maybe snap a pick. If memory serves correctly, the two white posts are slightly longer and I put them closest to the firewall.