Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - sporadic's Turbo Duratec build #2
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #46
sporadic
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12724
What I Drive: 06 Sonic Blue ZX5 SES turbo

Points 12,621, Level 73
Points: 12,621, Level: 73 Points: 12,621, Level: 73 Points: 12,621, Level: 73
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 61 sporadic Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Now THIS is more like it! Boost controller is now hooked up. I'm only running the stage 1 of the 2-stage boost controller until I drop in a built motor. Basically I didn't bother wiring up the switch yet that opens the second bleed-off valve.
I installed a 6-port vacuum block even though I only hooked up the boost controller tonight. I wanted to make sure I had enough 4mm silicone hose to route the boost controller before re-routing the BOV and boost gauge. Eventually the BOV, meth injection, boost gauge and boost controller will be routed off the same vac block.
The boost is now set around 9psi (vs. 6-ish psi previously). Just moving the boost source from the compressor housing to the vac block bumped it to ~8psi. A couple clockwise clicks of the boost controller set it to 9psi.
Tomorrow I'll do some datalogging to dial in the AF and timing more carefully. AF looked good tonight but I also didn't really run it hard. I just wanted to check peak boost.

Vac block (bought from Amazon)

Boost controller T. This contains a spring and ball to decrease spool time, but it also causes a momentary 1psi boost spike. So far I consider it a fair tradeoff.

The port behind the glovebox that Ford so kindly put there for me

4mm silicone hose routed to boost controller

Last edited by sporadic; 08-04-2012 at 08:29 PM.