Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Flex Fuel...Why?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #13
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,459, Level 65
Points: 9,459, Level: 65 Points: 9,459, Level: 65 Points: 9,459, Level: 65
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
Ahhh. The EV-1. Neat little car. I saw one when I was little before GM took them back and crushed them. They crushed them all. GM had a lot of great ideas, like the Fuel Injection in the 1956 Corvette, Oil companies paid them to stop making that. The EV-1, an all Electric car that got decent range and could have been relatively affordable. GM crushed that and Toyota came out with the RAV-4 EV. The original Chevy Volt Concept was a great car, it used a Hydrogen Fuel Cell. GM took the buy out and was pretty much forced to produce the Volt. Now Honda seems to be leading the Hydrogen market with the FCX Clarity, I say leading because they are the only company that have running Hydrogen cars on the road.

I believe Hydrogen is the way to go as far as alternative fuels go.
They didn't crush them all, they left a couple for museum pieces and left them to universities as long as they promised not to rebuild them/ convert them into running cars. I saw one in person at G.M.I. in one of the garages behind/ underneath the academic building buried under a thick layer of dust/ dirt. I actually was able to open the door and sit in the driver seat. Some of the control modules and other pieces were strewn on the passenger seat. I think the motor might have been on the seat or at least pieces of it. It was powder blue and the interior kind of looked like a saturn.