Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Good Tint Shop Near Drexel Hill PA?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #23
GMconvert
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101277
What I Drive: 2010 Sangria Red Metallic Focus SES

Points 243, Level 4
Points: 243, Level: 4 Points: 243, Level: 4 Points: 243, Level: 4
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 GMconvert Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10FOCISES View Post
Looks good. Wondering, does the tint seem to help keep your car cooler during these hot days? I'm hoping to lose some of the heat that builds up during the day, and keep the leather seats from burning everyone who gets in!!
The Wife is the main driver but she did comment that she doesn't need to use the shades on the windshield anymore because it's not as hot inside after the tint. The car has cloth, though.

However, we had two of the same car before. Both with leather. One with 35% tint and one without. I can say without a doubt that the tinted car was enormously better regarding keeping the heat down. Tint won't prevent the sun from coming through the windshield so you may be better if with some sort of shade there to prevent the seats from getting too hot.

Direct from the Wife: "Unless I'm parked with my windshield directly in the sun, it never gets as hot as it used to before the tint."