Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #1378
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,733, Level 66
Points: 9,733, Level: 66 Points: 9,733, Level: 66 Points: 9,733, Level: 66
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
I am not looking for a real-time instantaneous display. I am quite fine with the fact that Ford chose not to have an instant MPG mode, as I think they are useless.

Are you saying that the car, internally, does not know how much fuel it is injecting and what speed you are going? That is impossible.
What I said was that it will not use that instantaneous data in the MPG calculation until a sufficient sample size has occured such as to generate the moving average again.

It needs the fuel flow data in order to figure out what the injector pulsewidths need to be and all the rest of the internal parameters, it just won't give them to you in the form of a real time instant fuel economy measurement.

Again, could we please get back on the topic of the DCT, its behaviors and the updates that have gone on so far.

I just past 2800 miles on my car and so far apart from me provoking it in manual mode at low speed and maybe one or two times in drive when it was in too low a gear after coasting down and would wind out to 3-4k before shifting after slowing down to a light then accelerating again before shifting up. It assumes that I want power and decides to hold the gear which is nice, although it may feel abrupt compared to having just been slowing down.