Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #1374
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
There is no reason why it cannot refer to the previous results window back in time a bit (that it must have internally) and use that for the starting point of the computation. Ford simply chose not to implement it the way everyone else does.

The way they do it brings into question if the average results are trustworthy at all because at no point in my several mile highway drive was I getting only 25 mpg - so that value should never be figured into the average. Maybe it is not figured in, but I have no way of knowing.
It can't refer to results which were "erased" when you reset the trip computer. For it to start off higher than reality then drop is more suspect in my mind than giving it time to work out the actual average over a distance traveled. Its not going to give you instantaneous feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
My vehicle says 38 on the sticker. Not sure if the VIN says flex fuel?

Focus (C346N), 2.0L Duratec DI TIVCT (160PS), Oxford White.

Primary Features
Build Date: 25.06.2012
Vehicle Line: Focus (C346N)
Body Style: 4 Door Saloon
Series: SE
Engine: 2.0L Duratec DI TIVCT (160PS)
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission DCPS
Drive: LHD FWD
Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Paint: Oxford White

FFV-(Ethanol) Fuel
That bolded line indicates that at least according to Oasis and the ETIS page your car was built with the Flex Fuel compatibility.