Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Save the Manuals (Malibooya's Project Thread)
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer

Fan#: 68054
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
I'd be down for a phone interview! None of my vehicles are auto tranny. And if you want a glaring contrast, look at the motorcycle community. I only know of one motorcycle that even has an option for an auto tranny, which is a joke to anyone who rides seriously. :P
I'm wondering if I could use a Skype video interview for the project, but it probably wouldn't be high enough quality for broadcast. I'll ask though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainest View Post
I'm in DownEast Maine, and I would be happy to chat/meet with you to discuss. I have owned at least one motor vehicle since 1966, all of which had manual transmissions. I have driven cars and trucks with automatics (mostly rental and loaner vehicles) but have not yet driven a DSG. I have chosen manual transmission vehicles because of the improved vehicle control, (especially in winter) economy, and involvement in the driving process. All five of my children/step children grew up with, and learned to drive manuals, all but one still own at least one manual, one has three!
Whether or not I can help you, good luck with your project. I applaud your determination to continue your education. Never stop learning!
DownEast is pretty far, but I have plans to visit the Portland area in September... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrc_fan View Post
I may be able to help you out, I'll be in Lancaster, PA mid august visiting a friend for a wedding.
Cool, Lancaster isn't too far from York.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Just for reference, I believe "Save the Manuals" is trademarked by Car & Driver. Might be something to look into as they have a website, blog, and merchandise set up for it and everything.
That is true. It's not the title of the piece; rather it's just something that we'd all recognize. We don't usually name segments until the final stages, when everything else comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borski View Post
If you're willing to come down to the Cincinnati, OH area there is a small pocket of FFers driving manuals around.
Brand new 2012s to auto-x prepared ZX3 - we'd be avaliable to promote the stick!
Cinci is damn far...but if there were enough people committed and an event or something going on, I could justify it...