Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - eBay exhaust???
Thread: eBay exhaust???
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #11
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

Points 12,453, Level 73
Points: 12,453, Level: 73 Points: 12,453, Level: 73 Points: 12,453, Level: 73
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Is there anything wrong with the exhaust that you have right now? If nothing is wrong with it why bother replacing it with this aftermarket exhaust? Why not save your money now and buy something that you know about the quality aspect at least. This exhaust looks good in the picture but when you get it in your hands it is more than likely going to look a little different. I would like to see pictures of this when you get it in. Most of the cheaper exhausts sold on Ebay are made of T304 stainless but the piping is so thin. It's done that way so they can sell it cheaper. The welds and flanges are more than likely made of a really cheap mild steel which would cause them to rust really quickly and more than likely cause more problems in a short period of time. A lot of times the flanges don't line up properly, which means more work to have to get it on there. But if you are only going to have it on there for a short period of time, it is your choice. We are not trying to tell you that you are wrong but only trying to guide you in the right direction so you don't end up having to spend more money than needed to have the same exact results and item.