Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101615
What I Drive: 2012 Plat White Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Bolto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK_Mojave View Post
n00b question here:

Just bought a 2012 Sel with the MFT screen but not sure about the MFT functionality existing within the unit (onboard Nav screen). What I am interested in is seeing instant MPG read out on dash. Right now am getting 27 average.

Is it possible to get instant MPG reading on the dash? If so, how? Manual is of zero help and google sent me to the Edge site, which was of no help.

Also to get the better reading does one on fill up reset the AVG MPG readout?

TIA
For some reason there is no instant mileage display; if you want that, you'll need to get a Scangauge.

I reset my average mileage everytime I fill up; if you don't, it'll take into account the previous data so you won't know what your actual mileage is for the new tank of gas - you can see the difference by not resetting trip 2's avg mileage and resetting trip 1's avg mileage.

As for my mileage, I've been getting 33-34 MPG with about 80-90% freeway driving. I'm pretty happy with that considering I have a fully-loaded titanium and drive at about 75 MPH with the A/C on most of the time (87 octane Chevron). I just passed 10k miles, but when I first got the car and was doing about 70% freeway driving, I only got 27 MPG. Some of that was driving the car more aggressively, but the mileage has definately improved over time.