zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbertrand View Post
my sony xplod 10 hits harder than any single 12 i've heard. and i'm only running 400 watts on a 1200 watt sub. i listen to everything too so i don't need bass all the time, just while showing off haha.
haha yep. Well thats good to know. Im excited to put them in. They should be here tuesday or wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthzx3 View Post
wood for what ? lol rear seat delete?
Just for the floor of the hatch. But then I realized it would be pointless to do just the floor of the hatch when I want to do a rear seat delete one day. So I will just wait to do all of it at once, once that day comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
I like wood. lol

What are you up to?
No comment. lol Nothin much. Well actually now I need to fix this oil leak that started yesterday. I havent had ac in the car since I bought it, so I should fix that too. So basically just maintenance stuff.

Quote:
no comment..
diddo. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
well there's your first problem, it was a boss amp most say they are good I say they are crap. JMO ... is that amp bridgeable?

wood you guys lol
Uhhh idk. lol Yea well the first system I had (in the probe) was these 2 baja subs from the 80s or 90s. lol They were oldd. I bought a pyle amp and it always worked great. I gave that system to my gf at christmas. Then I got these subs at FF for free and bought the boss amp. I think they blew because the amp is too high powered for those subs. the subs were visoniks and they were cheap looking. But I wont complain cuz they were freeeeee. lol

Quote:
Stephen, the only thing i could think of why your old subs went bad is because you had the wrong amp. i blew my old 15" because it was a 4ohm sub and the amp was completely unmarked. so it was probably a 2ohm.

so that's what i imagine what happened. if you had matching ohms, i have no idea. lol
Yea I did some googling and if I found the right subs, they were 4 ohms and my amp is for sure a 4 ohm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
that actually doesn't matter...it's how you have it set up. My amp is either 2ohm or 4ohm that's why I asked if it was bridgeable :P hehe. Sometimes it can depend on the speaker itself too...most can't handle low bass blah blah blah....but I've had shit speakers and I've had nice ones sooo....I dunno lol shitty wires can lead to a blown speaker to...
Systems are confusing. lol But I was thinking maybe the wires I had werent big enough. I cant remember what size they are.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4