Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #59
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,950, Level 39
Points: 3,950, Level: 39 Points: 3,950, Level: 39 Points: 3,950, Level: 39
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 valmundo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've had my Focus since Sept 2011 and have put approx 20,000 miles on it. Before this car, I had a 2007 Honda Civic. That was a fine car, but I believe the Focus is more refined, although the transmission on the Civic was more conventional that what is on the Focus. I've had all the updates done on the car and I couldn't be more happy with it. As has been said a number of times in this thread, the DCT is a different animal than a conventional automatic. Because this is my first automatic car, I wasn't too annoyed with the tranny even before the updates. In fact, my first impression when driving the car was 'Boy, this feels like a manual transmission, especially at low speeds and when idle'. As long as you know that comparing the tranny on this car with others is like comparing apples to oranges then your expectations will be adjusted accordingly. Although my preference has been (and always will be) to get a manual transmission, this DCT in the Focus is not bad (especially when you put it on Sport mode or shift it on your own, its actually quite fun).

I can't speak on MFT since my car doesn't have it. I have the MyFord and Sync option and I still get errors with my ipod classic wherein my computer will say the ipod is "indexing" or that "voice command is not available with this device". That is annoying. If Ford introduces App Link with the My Ford / Sync system (they plan on doing this with MFT but it is not clear to me they plan on doing it with us non-MFT owners), I'm hoping they will introduce an menu option were we can clear the buffer so that we will not have to pull the fuse every time these known errors occur.

Also, I do have the sport tuned suspension like in the Titanium but I have not experienced the knocking noise.