Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #58
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Just make sure you take a really long test drive, maybe renting one for the weekend, before you buy. The DCT is a different animal, even when it's working as intended. Mine (after 2 software updates) is great at speed but a little clumsy around town.

There's a tendency here to blame expectations of the user for dissatisfaction with the DCT. Don't buy that explanation - make up your own mind. Ford seems to working diligently on the problem, but they aren't there yet. Will they ever be? Maybe.
Agreed. Software updates did come out, with 12B37 getting everyone to the same level.

Ford has replaced transmissions as well.

I recall reading some warranties were extended.

Those are all good signs to me.

Mine still, rarely, has low-idle shutter or idle->accelerate roughness but it's minor and some manual transmissions have these issues. And, as everyone else mentions "the noise", people with other brands have mentioned it for theirs and it's just a noise. It's not gotten any louder nor is shifting between 1->2 any worse than it ever was.

I wouldn't worry, and in the past I had.