02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_eye735 View Post
Yeah, I bet you lawn care guys are really hurting. Your car is looking great! You should teach me how to do bodywork like that. I need to get rid of the foggyness of my headlights and fix some developing rust spots on the fenders, hatch, bottom of the doors, and hood. however i have no experience doing any kind of body work, I painted my mirror caps if that counts.
Drop by and I can help you all you want.

In seriousness, though, you can ask any questions you have and I'll answer them the best I can. Bodywork isn't all that hard once you practice a little bit with it. I think I have a little bit more of a step by step process in here somewhere but I can make a new one sometime if you'd like.

As for the rust, I'm still trying to figure that one out. Everything I've tried so far only last for a few months before the rust comes back through the paint. This is the first time I covered it with body filler so we will see how that works out.

And for the headlights, try one of the kits from Walmart for headlight restoration; that should get rid of the haze. However, after that, you'll need to reclearcoat the headlights followed by a light sanding and polishing. It will get a much better shine if you do that than if you simply finish with the kit. More details on any of this if requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
what did you clear the tail with? it looks amazing :)
This: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Krylon-Tri...Glaze/17210981

Right from my nearest Walmart. It's the best clear I've used so far and works great on everything. I love it as long as it holds up over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfreaks View Post
looks great!
Thank you.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress