Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #55
rsilvers
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101466
What I Drive: White 2012 SE Sport, Auto, 203A.

FF Reputation: 1 rsilvers Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkirk View Post
I think you're dead on with a lot of what you say. With that said, as a first time owner of a DCT, I find it really unintuitive that it should have to 'learn' how to shift, when there is really probably a 95% optimal shifting pattern for the car + engine. So the 'learning' process that everyone is subjected to make everyone think the car is broken especially in the first 'do i love my new car period.'
I just got mine, have under 200 miles on it, and I am unaware of any strange noise or unusual response.

Most of my cars have been manual. I have driven at least the following manual: Chevette, various VW and Audi, Accord, Honda CRX, Mercedes SLK, RX7 Turbo, WRX, STi, BMW 328, BMW 535, 944, Mazda 626, Ford GT, Viper, Ferrari 355, 911 Turbo. Also drove a Ferrari Enzo which was F1 gearbox.

My impression of the Focus DCT was that it was great and an amazing bargain for $1000 considering a DCT is a $4080 option on the Porsche 911.

Like some other poster said - there is no problem with the way the Focus DCT behaves - at least in the latest version - that is not on a Bugatti Veyron or other supercar with a DCT. So deal with it.