Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 01:28 AM   #51
Chefocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium

Points 71, Level 1
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Chefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Jaclyn, since you replied in this thread, maybe you can answer this for me:

The other day my MFT did a "scheduled maintenance" reboot. Since then:

-Bluetooth fails to connect to phone about 1/2 of the time (note that the phone pairs for making phone calls, but I stream audiobooks via Bluetooth side I have Audible audio books on my iPhone and that is what is not pairing).

- Blank navigation screens when using voice commands to set navigation (the screen where you select from multiple available options is simply blank, but if I pick a number is will then move to the map screen).

- Voice commands to make phone calls appear to fail, only to suddenly connect a call 30+ seconds later.

- Ended calls show up as active for as much as a minute after hanging up.

- I can no longer pause, fast forward, or rewind my Bluetooth stream from my iPhone. Now where those buttons were is just a box that says "Bluetooth stream detected"

- my thumb drive has been Indexing/Building voice commands for two days. (!)

Should I do a master reset? This happened once before but the problem seemed to fix itself after about a week.

All of these but the last are Bluetooth related. So bizarre though - everything was working fine until the "scheduled maintenance".

Are these common issues?