View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #55
Citoriplus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100455
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Citoriplus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ta Da, for those of you, who like me made the mistake of getting the Pro-Clip for the drivers side vent, and can't return it.
I may have found a simple work around for you, at least it does for me.

The problem is that the mounting puts the GPS WAY too close to the steering wheel and your fingers for safety or comfort.

Like this, sorry I was taking the pic from the passengers side with my right hand and using my left hand on the wheel.

I think I have solved the problem, for me at least, by removing the swivel mounting that fits between the GPS mount and the clip on piece.

Removing this piece gives you another 3/4 inch of space between the steering wheel and the GPS.

The down side is that you will not be able to move it around any more and its not in the "perfect position".
But it can still be easily seen and operated by the driver.

Best of all is that this is a true no cost way to go and its simple to do because the holes in the mounting match the holes in the clip, and you can use the screws you just took out to secure it in place.